Saturday, July 25, 2015

Creating Digital Exit Slips Using Google Forms

Hi Everyone! I am popping in real quick today to share how I make digital math exit slips using Google Forms. As some of you may know, I am a 1:1 Chromebook classroom. Last year was the first year my district piloted 1:1 Chromebook classrooms with about 40 teachers. At first I was skeptical about the Chromebooks. I struggled with learning how to implement them, especially when it came to math. However, after a year of trial and error, I, not only LOVE my laptops, I finally figured out  a great way to use them in math: digit exit slips!

Creating digital exit slips is super easy! You can even do it with exit slips you already have. All you need to do is take a screen shot of the pdf page you want, crop it, and TA-DA! It's ready to go!

Step 1: Determine what exit slip you want to use. For today's example, I am going to be using one from my new Place Value Exit Slip pack.


Step 2: Open up Google Drive. Select "New", "More", then "Google Forms."


Tip: This is on my personal Google Drive account; however, if I were doing this on my school account, I would create a folder for all of my place value exit tickets. This way it is organized and all in one place. Then, before following step 2, I would click on my "Place Value Exit Ticket" folder.

Step 3: Add a space for the students to type their name. To do this, click on the "Add Item" drop-down menu and select "Text". In the "Question Title" box, type in "Student Name". Then, click "Done".


to. . .


 Tip: I would double-check, maybe, even triple-check that you have added a spot for the students to type their name; otherwise, it is a mess! Trust me! I have done it more times than I would like to admit!

Step 4: Once your Google Form is open, enter in a title and, if you want, a description.


Step 5: Click on "Insert" then "Image". Once you've click on "Image", you'll get a few choices. You can upload an image, take a snapshot, pick an image by URL, find an image in your albums, get an image from Google Drive, or search for an image on the web. For our purposes, we are going to upload an image by dragging and dropping then hit "Done".


to. . .


Step 6: Now, we are going to add spaces for the students to type their answers by typing in "Answer #1:" in the "Question Title" box and selecting "Paragraph Text" from the "Question Type" drop-down menu. Then, click "Done".


to. . .


Tip: Repeat step five as many times as needed until you have answer spaces for each question on the exit slip.

(Optional) Step 7: Once you have added all of your answer spaces, I like to add a space for my students to reflect. To do this, click on the "Add Item" drop-down menu and select "Multiple Choice".  Now, you can type in the reflection question and multiple choice answers (mine is shown below) then click "Done".


to. . .


(Optional) Step 8: Before sending the form to your students, have some fun and change the theme! Click "Change Theme" at the top and then select the one of your choosing from the menu on the right-handside. 


Step 9: Now that you have changed your theme, you are ready to send it to your students. Just click on "Send Form" and type in your students' emails.


Here is what the final product looks like: Identifying Place Value Exit Slip Google Form!

If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment